About Me

I used to think one way. Now I think another. I blame the internet. Time to get even. For me, this means learning how to live with both the past and the future in the present.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Never give up trying

Well, howdy my peeps! It has been way too long since I did this, I began to wonder if I ever would return to blogging, but a friend was right. I need to do this to get unstuck again. On the topic of weight, predictably we all fell off the wagon and have even more ground to regain, but I have a new optimism. 3 weeks ago Paul and myself started following the Rosedale diet. It's another type of low carb and its focus is to get our bodies to switch the fuel they prefer to burn from sugar to our body fat. It apparently achieves this when you starve it of sugars and give it readily available sources of good fat, like unsaturated oils. So for 3 weeks we struggled with a huge list of don'ts and went through the tedious weaning process. This week we are ready to begin our new way of life. The diet is now over, and even though the excess fat has yet to drop off we will begin to shed it every time our body runs out of conventional fuel. The difference this time is that it won't go after healthy tissue to find energy but rather the fat we have been storing up for years. I hope to become a regular blogger again so we shall see how it goes.

No comments: